PIU faculty and staff helped lead Easter services this year here on Guam and on the US mainland.
Former students took part in services in California.
Lawrence Yinolang writes:
- I was able to attend a Micronesian gathering in California and shared at one of the services.
- Happiness Lodge (PIU Alumni) was there as well… He shared on Friday evening, and helped out with some workshops on Saturday morning. I shared on Sunday.
- city: Romoland…. We were at the the Full Gospel Mountain Retreat …
- Happiness shared on the significance of the Passover and the reality of the lamb being slain before time…Revelation 13:8…. He reminded us also that Christ came as the suffering servant…. I used John 11… People die, but Christ speaks life into us….
A 5 day Easter Rally for the Evangelical Churches of Chuuk on Guam at Beneventure Middle School was organized by PIU alumni Orichy and Manner Manner who is a current PIU student. They both serve in the leadership for the youth from the participating churches.
Billy Edwin, PIU Alumni Relations Coordinator spoke at one of the sessions.
PIU President Dave Owen, Howard Merrell (PIU Board Chairman) and PIU singing group the Voices of Micronesia also ministered at the Rally.
- Wednesday night was a youth ally. The Voices of Micronesia provided 2 songs. Dave preached from John 18 on the arrest of Jesus.
- Dave also spoke on Good Friday morning service and Saturday Morning Easter Service. The texts for the messages all came from the Passion account in the Gospel of John.
- Dave heard that over 600 attended the event. It was good to see the PIU family ministering and being ministered to in the wider community.
Billy Edwin left Guam on Good Friday for another gathering in Milan, MN where he spoke. It consisted of four groups from different states in the US. These groups came together from April 3-6, 2015, in Malan, MN, a small town where more than 100 Chuukese live.