Some Items of Note, Half-way Through Summer 2019:
While things slow down and hours and staff are reduced in summer, there is still a lot going on at PIU. We want our partners to know so you can be praying for us.
- During the first half of Summer Break we have seen several new families formed within our PIU community. Pray for these new families to be lights in their neighborhoods.
- PIU teacher, Karyn Sorenson, held a retreat for Micronesian youth, here on the PIU campus. I heard good reports.
- Around 30 students are taking classes this summer. Our second session of Summer-School started July 1.
- Several PIU staff have been, or are traveling off-island. Pray for safety, and quick ability to beat jetlag.
- President Howard Merrell, student Hosea Swei, and many friends of PIU took part in the Palau Evangelical Church’s 90th Gospel Day Celebration. It was a great week.
- We are pleased to announce that long-time staff member Joyce Owen will be rejoining us this fall.
President Howard Merrell shares some thoughts about opportunities, needs, and God’s provision, in written form here, https://micronesianadventure.blogspot.com/2019/07/july-2019-thoughts-on-prayer-and-gods.html, and in a brief video, on the Coffee with the President Youtube channel here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XPnEsI6pL4&feature=youtu.be.